Hidden Gems - 6

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

These notable quotes were found in Phil Coffey's "More quotes than you can shake a stick at" on NHL.com. Here are my three favorite from his selection.

1) “I guess I had a large behind when I got there. That was Kris Draper’s funny joke. First it was ‘Big Swede,’ then ‘Big Ass,’ then ‘Bubble Butt,’ then ‘Bubba.’ Now, most of the guys just call me ‘Bubs.’ That’s the evolution of the whole thing. It’s stuck for 12 years.”
-- Flames defenseman Anders Eriksson on the origin of his nickname, “Bubs.” Could have been worse; Draper could have called him “Stinky.”

This is pretty much self-explanatory.

2) “Two things with Dustin ... he has to continue with the conditioning and be intense. He has to get himself at a weight where he’s comfortable going up and down the ice. At times he looks incredibly fast and powerful, but at other times ... all I’ll say is Dustin has been very receptive to what we’re asking him.”
-- Oilers coach Craig MacTavish on Dustin Penner.

Finny – haha I was RIGHT! His ass DOES look big in those pants! I think they’re trying to slim your boy down. But, seriously, he DOES have quite a bit of junk in the trunk.

3) "That's the reason why I'm here. He brought me to this country and drafted me No. 1. When he's behind the bench, it's a little bit special for me."
-- Thrashers winger Ilya Kovalchuk is more than a little loyal to Atlanta GM/coach Don Waddell.

Umm…ok... It’s because he’s foreign, isn’t it. If you haven't clicked on Kovalchuk's link yet, do it now. You won't regret it. That's a promise.

6 comments:

Kirsten November 14, 2007 at 8:28 AM  

Haha, oh Dustin Penner. He's chubby but entertaining, and has a nice, Manitoba accent. The more entertaining one is MacT.

DCSportsChick November 15, 2007 at 11:59 AM  

I think Kovalchuk scares me now...

Unknown November 15, 2007 at 5:10 PM  

Hells bells, girl! That picture of you and Cammalleri! Did you pass out from the fumes of his work ethic and general awesomeness?

Connie November 15, 2007 at 5:29 PM  

Margee - hahaha, I DID have to wait awhile before he finished talking to Lucky. They were talking and talking and talking and Cammy was VERY serious and animated in what he was saying.

Charity November 19, 2007 at 11:56 AM  

awww... penner. he's really not that big. lol. i swear... =( i like him that way.

Connie November 20, 2007 at 6:59 PM  

From the limited episodes I've seen of America's Next Top Model, I've gathered that high fashion ads are supposed to convey a sense of the unreal. I guess Kovalchuk does his job well?... I don't know. haha

Finny - Aww, I'm sure a couple pounds or 10 or 30 won't make him too skinny.

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP