I Think a Part of My Soul Died Tonight

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I really don't even know what to say because it's all been said before. And really, I'm tired of ranting. The Preds came through Staples and embarrassed us on home ice netting 7 goals.

- Aubin made the most ridiculous glove save I've seen in a long time.
- Jeff Giuliano seemed like the only player willing to put in any effort tonight.
- Putting in Klemm as a forward makes me sick.
- This is definitely not a "team" anymore. This was 20 individuals trying to make something happen on their own. Oh yeah, and the usual leaving their goalies out to dry.
- I honestly couldn't give less of a shit that Stuart had a team-high 6 shots on net. He still sucks.
- Thanks for the free tickets, KingsCast. I think I would have screamed if I had actually paid for these seats.

Actually, I will rant about something. The Kings are doing so poorly, it's obvious, but it doesn't help that people are chanting "Fire Crawford" and "Crawford Sucks" every other minute, especially when the chant started a few rows behind me. I think they got the fucking point. You can boo when Crow's name is announced, whatever. But to scream it incessantly through the WHOLE game and then start cheering for Nashville?? Why don't you take your kids home and watch the game on the couch. You make me sick.

Tell me, honestly, how do you play with any energy when you're being booed. Non-stop.

Here is your chance to hear our (kms2 and CKim) thoughts during the second intermission. Enjoy.

9 comments:

ScottJaredZimmerman January 9, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

How do you play with energy when you're being booed? I think JS Aubin has some drink that gets him amped up or something.

You know the wheeels have officially come off the bus when you are flipping out during the 2nd ice cut.

I agree with you about the booing and anti-Crawford chants. Some fans will argue that because they are paying ticket holders that they have the right to boo a poor performance. I have always felt that you should only boo a poor effort. And it's not like Crawford and the Kings are trying to lose.

They aren't trying to lose are they?

-Nemmy

KQ949 January 9, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

I'm not angry anymore. I'm just numb. I watched the whole game...all of it when I could have easily turned it off and walked away.

I didn't scream at the TV. I didn't make ONE sound, except a large sigh at the end of the third period when it was finally over.

Carla Mueller always posts one or two lines in every one of her blogs that puts into words how I feel. She wrote this:

""We find silence and losing is easier to deal with than accountability so that is what we are going with. We figure this is a rebuilding year and our fans are counting on Stamkos to be the answer. We know we aren’t giving anyone any reason to believe the answer is in our own dressing room, much less inside our jerseys where our hearts are supposed to be. "

Are these NHL players turning into the spoiled, egotistic, individual performers that we see in the NBA? Are there any LEADERS on this team? No one has or will step-up, which means no one has the desire. Absolutely pathetic.

Charity January 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

holy crapolla what is with your layout? it took me like 10 minutes to find your comments LOL.

awww sweets. great... zamoboni podcast! But i wanted to thank you for inviting me to the game... sorry I couldn't make it. next time I'm heade--actually, I should be there for the ducks/kings showdown... you guys gonna go?

Kirsten January 9, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

What Finny said about the comments. They seem to be a long ways down, but only on this computer.

I agree with both you and 2MA about the booing. Do they not realize that they are killing their own team?

Connie January 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

Nemmy – We were definitely flipping out in the first 10 minutes, I think it was those 3 goals in a minute and 15 seconds that did it. We ran the gamut with the emotions, and by the end we were just laughing. It was literally UNBELIEVABLE. I have never been so embarrassed.

I can see why season-ticket holders would think that, but really, would you really pay that much money just to yell that nonsense the WHOLE GAME? What a waste of life.

I really hope they’re not trying to lose. As amazing as Stamkos is, I honestly don’t think he’s worth the humiliation for the second half of the season.

KQ – That is a good quote and I don’t have an answer for you. But this was definitely 20 guys playing by themselves. I don’t even want to go into how poorly they played. It was just painful to watch. I want to just forget that I ever witnessed this.

Finny - Thanks for saying you'd go if you didn't have other plans. And yeah, I'm looking to tweak the layout...maybe later. Negative on the game, for now, I need to look at the schedule again. Stay tuned!

Kirsten - Yeah...I wonder if you could hear it on tv...

Marie January 10, 2008 at 12:43 AM  

I'm just numb.

kq, I think ckim can vouch for me that I was pretty much numb throughout the whole game. I think I gave her 432,234,234,242 looks where I just looked shocked and was speechless.

Finny...I probably won't be there either.

Kirsten January 10, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

Yes, yes you could hear it on TV.

KingsCast Hockey Podcast January 10, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

I am so glad I gave my tix to you two! Thanks for permanently jinxing my fucking seats!!!!!! Connie, if you're going to attend games we need to obey proper protocol: sulk in the first intermission, we buy you drinks after the second and we win in the third. If we do that, we win the Cup!

Connie January 11, 2008 at 5:58 PM  

KingsCast - Can we start with the drinks?

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP