More Ice Time For Raitis Please!

Monday, January 14, 2008

Dear Marc Crawford:

This is a request for more ice time to be given to Ivanans. Because, really I’m tired of dudes taking cheap shots at Kopi. Brownie and Sully definitely have that air about them that tells the opposition that they can take care of themselves. But to see Cammy stick up for Kopi, c’mon people! And now Cammy’s injured, and there are trade rumors, and really, there’s nothing good that comes with one of the smallest guys sticking up for one of the biggest guys. But make no mistake, if I was out having ice cream with Anze and Pronger came by and slapped the cone out of Kopi’s hand, I would take down Pronger in a second. That’s just a travesty to waste ice cream like that.

I kind of want to see what would happen if Crow put Ratti out on a shift with Kopi. Would anyone actually have the balls to mess with Kopi? It must be so frustrating for Ratti to be sitting on the bench for the better part of 50 minutes of a game watching cheap shots being doled out. I’m not saying it’s happening on a regular basis, but still. And I’m not advocating that the league go back to the days of having the role of the pure enforcer, but hasn’t it been an issue with the Kings lacking size this year? We have a guy of scary stature in Ivanans; why not use him more for the size issue? I hardly see why Crawford wouldn’t utilize him more.

And just to reiterate his badass...ness, I was absolutely floored when he took a Rob Blake slapshot to the face earlier in the season. Not only did he NOT fall down, he took it like a champ and skated back to the bench so that the offensive play could continue. What would you have done if you were him? I know I'd fall to the ice, howl in pain, and then most likely get taken to the hospital for facial reconstructive surgery. I don't know how many plates I'd have in my face, but Ivanans definitely has 4 in his cheek now...for the rest of his life. But how cool is that, to be able to say that you have plates in your face courtesy of Rob freaking Blake. I'd say it loud and proud, but I think I'm a little too biased. Ahh, good times.

So, please Crawford, please give Ratti some more ice time. He’s a presence out on the ice; one that's actually needed.

Thanks,
CKim

He may not be cute, but he can knock your butt to the ground.

Let's look at Ivanans' ice time of late:
- 01.12.08 vs. Dallas - 4:04 (Pathetic)
- 01.10.08 vs. Toronto - 8:08
- 01.08.08 vs. Nashville - 11:16 (I guess this game was so horrendous that Crow decided to share the wealth of ice time with the lesser of the roster. Thanks, ass.)
- 01.05.08 vs. Calgary - 7:13

To Ratti: I hope Crow realizes your lack-of-presence on the ice. I, personally, love to see you on the prowl like a cheetah about to go in for the kill, not to say you’ve got the agility of a cheetah. But you know what I mean. Sometimes we need a big, bad 265-pound presence on the ice and, really, Handzus ain’t cutting it. I know he’s your teammate and all, but tell me, how can the tallest guy on the team be the softest guy? Why is he so afraid to take the body once in a while? Even Willsie can get all up in your face. (This is why I love Ratti and Giuliano out there. They take the body and aren’t afraid to get a little dirty. A plea for more ice time for my Manchester Boy is for another post.)

I'm pulling for you, Raitis. I really am; I just hope what's his face will listen.


Side note to all you out-of-town announcers, you pronounce his name ee-va-nans. NOT i-van-is.


Player Transactions:
1) Cammy has been placed on IR retroactively to Dec. 22 (ok, really? You waited THIS LONG to put the little one on IR?? It's freaking January 14th!!!)
2) Teddy Purcell was recalled from the Monarchs.
3) Peter Harrold was recalled from the Monarchs.
4) Klemm was NOT recalled. Thank the Lord.
5) I'm excited.

9 comments:

ScottJaredZimmerman January 15, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

Wouldn't it be great if after Pronger wasted Kopitar's ice cream Crawford came out and told him he 'must pay the price'?

Then Pronger would have to hand Anze $2.25 for the waffle cone.

-Nemmy

Teebz January 15, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

Crawford would cower at the end of the bench, stewing about how his star was "man-handled".

10 minutes later, he'd concede defeat, and play Jon Klemm at forward to start another six-game losing streak.

Crawford is one helluva coach.

Connie January 15, 2008 at 5:22 PM  

Nemmy - Too funny...too funny.

Teebz - If I have to hear Klemm play as a forward one more time, I think I'll vomit. =)

Marie January 15, 2008 at 10:55 PM  

Raitis looks like a fucking giant.

Kirsten January 16, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

A Rob Blake slapshot? That IS badass.

Connie January 16, 2008 at 5:30 PM  

yes, he is a giant, and yes, he is a badass. I wonder how many teeth would have gotten knocked out had he been hit in the mouth instead of the cheek.

KQ949 January 17, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

I LOVE Ivanans! I'm going to have Dylan take a picture with him and he has Dyl in a headlock! That would be great!

Thank God for NHL Center Ice. It was great to watch the Edmonton game and before the game even started I predicted an Ivanans/Stortini throw-down! Stortini is a puss and Ivanans OWNED!

Purcell did a great job out there. JJ got ROCKED..enough so his helmet went flying off and he skated off the ice. Happy Birthday, JJ!

NHL Center Ice Tomorrow night! Party at KQ949's house?

Connie January 17, 2008 at 5:19 PM  

I'm SO jealous that you got to watch the game!!! I saw the highlights though and JJ DID get rocked. Purcell!! I can't believe we didn't get to watch his first NHL game. And speaking of, I didn't get to see Moulson's or Quick's either. *sigh* Makes me a sad panda.

KQ949 January 19, 2008 at 3:56 AM  

First guy on Ivanan's (or as those media-types in the great white north LOVE to say - ih-von-ins) hit list - Phaneuf please! After last night's game, someone needs to welcome him BIG TIME! Whadda DICK! Up 6-1 and has to take a parting smack at Aubin with seconds left. I'm tempted to fight Friday night traffic to go see what LA will do to retaliate next time they play...then I came to my senses and realize, it's the KINGS. There will be NO retaliation. I'll watch it on TV.

Speaking of TV, on TSN pre-game, the announcers were talking about the 3 game win streak we were on. Someone asked if it's finally a turn-around for the team and one of the announcers said something to the effect of, HELL NO, THEY SUCK! I'm paraphrasing of course, but that's what he MEANT!

JJ looked lost out there last night. Ridiculous defensive zone turn-overs by EVERYONE. My Connie (Conroy) scored though. I saw him mouth, "take THAT Bitch!" after scoring. Wow, guess no love lost for his old team.

Happy B-day Antonio. Guess your defense decided to hang you out and spank you 5 goals! On to Vancouver!

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP