Kings 4, Flames 6

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Pre-game:
- It's raining in LA
- Will I find comfort at Staples?
- Great to see KQ with her silver boots. Good times!

1st Period:
- Calgary gets 2 goals before we get 4 minutes into the game. I was honestly just praying that Barbs wasn't going to be pulled.
- The energy is high, which is a good thing to see, but we're getting out-muscled. I felt like every time the Flames got the puck they had a little more hop in their step than the Kings. They break out faster, they skate faster. I probably don't really need to write this, but Iginla is A LOT faster than Modry. haha WOW.
- Phaneuf scares me.

Can you just keep Stuart in there for the whole game?

2nd Period:
- Kings Goal - Fro (7) grabs the puck from Kiprusoff who was caught behind the net and wrapped it around into an empty net at 6:14.
- The Flames are blocking passes in the neutral zone relegating the Kings to their own zone.
- Flames Goal - Iginla (32 wow) snaps it past Barbs.
- Brownie and Dion are eyeing each other. I thought there'd be a fight or something before the end of the game, but I was incorrect. Damn. We need a spark. We need ....goals.

There's Handzus losing another faceoff.

3rd Period:
- Kings Goal - Stuart (6) gets a PP goal at 2:08 and brings life back to the Kings.
- Shots are even at 25.
- Kings Goal - Nagy (9) wrists it in at 4:48 with assists going to Fro and Vish. See?? That's what happens when you take the puck to the net!! FINALLY!
- We're tied 3-3
- Flames' Dustin Boyd and Robyn Regehr collide right inside the Kings blueline and their play is broken up amidst laughter from Staples and probably the Kings too.
- Behind the Kings net Calder gets high sticked in the face and nothing is called. He skates to the bench with BLOOD ALL OVER HIS FACE. About 20 seconds later the other ref or a linesman sees Calder BLEEDING on the bench and whistles the play dead. Corey Sarich gets a double minor for high sticking.
- Brownie gets hit at the end boards and goes to the locker room, but he only misses one shift and was back out being his old self.
- Stuart sucks. I really don't know how else to put it. Scratch him. Trade him. Keep him off the ice.
- Kings Goal - Kopi (17) nets a power play goal at 10:12 but is immediately pushed into the crossbar by a Flamer.
- Fro is called for tripping and the Flames are on the PP.
- Flames Goal - Huselius scores at 13:05 by getting a clean cross-ice pass from Iginla.
- We're tied 4-4.
- The stress is high and it's coming down to just a couple of minutes. BRIAN WILLSIE gets called for holding and knows he just lost the game for us.
- Flames Goal - Langkow scores at 14:55. Damnit Willsie!!

Kiprusoff looking smug after completely knocking Thornton over for no reason.

- Crow pulls Barbs in the last minute and there are some chances, but the puck is moved into the Kings zone and Vish is there trying to evade Huselius. Wouldn't you know it, Huselius strips Lubo of the puck and scores on an empty net. It's like taking candy from a baby.

End of Game:
- Kings 4, Flames 6
- There was hope. There really was.
- My brother's thought after the game: "Keep Kopitar, Brown, Frolov, and Johnson. Trade everyone else."


Random:
According to Matt Kredell over at Inside The Kings, the Kings are going to be at various locations signing autographs tomorrow. When I saw who was going to be at my local rink, I laughed really hard and realized that I didn't want to meet any of them.

11 comments:

Anonymous January 6, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

"It's raining in LA"

Hey, what's going on down there?
They were talking storm and road closings.

What happened to Kings/Sharks/Ducks fans posting about No New Years Fireworks allowed because it's too dry?

"Stuart sucks. I really don't know how else to put it. Scratch him. Trade him. Keep him off the ice."

Haha, wasn't he warned he wouldn't like what posted unless he had a "BIG 3rd"??

"Flames' Dustin Boyd and Robyn Regehr collide right inside the Kings blueline and their play is broken up amidst laughter from Staples"

Hmmm. Hatcher tried to cheapshot Steen, but ended up cranking his own top scorer Lucy-Lupul. Priority 1 for Youtube, but that Flames gaff would be a nice follow up. =)

"Kiprusoff looking smug after completely knocking Thornton over for no reason."

Yeah. Playing "I'm interfered with" again. Getting up there with his wandering after every save.

"Brownie and Dion are eyeing each other. I thought there'd be a fight or something"

"Fah-nuff" really is an anti-social individual. Name a game he wasn't eyeing someone? I can't. =)

Teebz January 6, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

I don't wanna crap on another commentor, but was Harhar's comment a review of your post? What's with the running commentary?Why can't people add something meaningful to a comment instead of posting irrelevant garbage?

In other news, the Kings look like they're playing better, but they just have too many breakdowns. Crawford needs to adapt his system because it just doesn't work against more physical teams.

KQ949 January 6, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

teebz, I agree that we were out muscled again and playing scared at the end of the game. I don't think these guys BELIEVE they can hold a lead.

Connie, your brother will like THIS idea I came up with. The free McFlurry give-away will NOW be within the first 2 minutes of the game if the other team scores FIRST. We're SURE to score free ice-cream almost EVERY game!

I had a very clear view of when Brown went into the boards. His head was all crammed and his shoulder jammed. He had an extreme pained look on his face. I won't be surprised if he doesn't play the next game. It looked REALLY bad to me and I just yelled out "SHIT" when it happened.

Good thing I only paid $30 for my silver game boots.

Saw you sitting down by the glass watching flames warm ups. Did you get a good shot of "My Connie"?

Jerry Bruckheimer was sitting a few rows in front of us. It reminded me that they started airing the "Royal Race" on TV during the Columbus game. Does anyone know if they showed the whole piece? I would like to see it.

KQ949 January 6, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

OK Connie, I think you need to comment on this. I have to say that I agree with what Carla is saying about our Captain. Interested in your thoughts.

http://www.letsgokings.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=70854

Anonymous January 6, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

"I don't wanna crap on another commentor"

I don't believe you. =)
I believe your point is I've misunderstood the tone of your blog and you would rather I limit to posting the Youtube links to what people might be interested in and rein in the humour (or my attempt at humour), right?

Understood, I apologise & I'll rein it in.

Connie January 6, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

Teebz - They ARE playing better. They came out last night with energy, which is rare, but Calgary definitely proved why they're in the hunt.

KQ - Your McFlurry version would put McDonald's out of business! haha

I didn't actually SEE Brownie get put into the boards, but I definitely heard it. =( And I DID get some shots of Conroy, but I need to go through and organize my pictures first.

I've been waiting for the Royal Race to be put up on Kings Vision, but there's nothing.

Kirsten January 6, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

Dion Phaneuf is scary looking, but whenever you look at him, just think of that youtube clip of him throwing down his gloves and then promptly falling on his ass. Makes me smile every time.

Teebz January 6, 2008 at 5:31 PM  

HarHar - let me make something clear.

You can email me regarding my comment at "cdnuniguy@gmail.com" if you have a problem with what I said. I'd be happy to discuss it there.

KQ - I think it might be tough to hold a lead when you feel vulnerable. The system that Crawford plays makes the Kings very vulnerable.

MR LP @ 33.33333 January 7, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

I HEAR SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GET PROACTIVE ON THE WAR AGAINST THE MUNCHIES.

I FEEL YOU!!!

WHO'S GOT DA MUNCHIES??

DELIVERS SOME FINE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CUISINE YOUR WAY

MR LP @ 33.33333 January 7, 2008 at 7:19 PM  

WHO'S GOT DA MUNCHIES??

RK55 January 14, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

i also said keep lubo too. depressin season

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP