Like a Kid in a VERY Expensive Candy Store

Saturday, December 22, 2007

I went to the Kings Game-Used Equipment Sale this morning to see what kinds of goodies were up for grabs. It supposedly started at 10AM, so I went at 10:30 thinking I'd be one of the first people there, but the place was packed. I was going to take a picture of the sale, but I wasn't allowed to. No matter, I posted pictures of what I bought and that's all that really matters, right?

The sale was set on the roller hockey rink at the Toyota Sports Center. There were jerseys lining the fencing; tables with sticks, skates, and blades; and there was a table of socks and practice jerseys.

- The white jerseys were $400 and the black jerseys were $600. With the 45% discount they were still $220 and $330, respectively. Hell no! Sorry Teebz, you don't get your Cloutier jersey.

- Pushkarev uses a heavy stick. WOW. That thing was super heavy compared to all of the other sticks on the tables.

- There were a ton of Frolov, Thornton, and Brown sticks.

- I really liked Sully's stick; it was super duper light and the shaft was pretty grippy (if that's even a word).

- I saw an Alfredsson stick there??

- Ivanans is a tall guy, so why is his stick so short?

- The are way more left-handed players than right-handed players on the team, which made it difficult for me.

- One guy working there picked up a Cammalleri stick and said to his buddy, "I'm surprised this Cammy stick is still here." Well, dude, it's probably because it's the only one laying on a table with about 100 other sticks.

My loot from the sale:

- I only saw ONE Blake stick, so I snatched that up (obviously).

- I picked up a Brown stick as a gift for my brother. I think I lucked out with the pricing on it, so I'm happy.

- Lastly I bought a black practice jersey. The jerseys with numbers on them were only $5 more than the ones without.

Conclusion: I don't know how much stuff is going to be there tomorrow considering how many people came through for the 30 minutes that I was there. But I'm going to lob a guess and say that there are gonna be PLENTY of game-used jerseys left above all else.

3 comments:

Teebz December 22, 2007 at 9:13 PM  

Dammit! Why are they charging so much for Cloutier's jerseys? Are they trying to make the fans pay for his ridiculous contract?

To ebay I go... :o)

Thanks, CKim. I appreciate you looking, and nice pick-up on the Blake stick!

Kirsten December 22, 2007 at 9:14 PM  

Nice! I feel bad for Rob Blake and getting all his goals taken away lately.

Connie December 23, 2007 at 12:00 AM  

Teebz - No problem. I tried to joke about how the Cloutier jersey was the same price as the other jerseys to the sales girl, but I don't think she really knew anything about hockey since she didn't catch my attempt to mock. Oh well. Oh, they had JJ's #33 jersey from last year when he played a couple of games at the end of the season. I thought that was pretty cool.

Kirsten - I have no idea what's been going on with these refs lately, but it seems like Blake's been getting the crappy end of the deal more times than not.

And I heart my Blake stick. The tape is still on the blade and it is an amazing tape job. I guess after years of doing it, one becomes an expert.

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP