Los Angeles Is Burning And Preds Win; Predators 3, Kings 1

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Nashville Predators rolled into Staples Center as Los Angeles was engulfed in flames. I was very happy to be in a setting where there wasn't ash floating through the air and where my lungs weren't taking on the smogy haze. The Kings did not disappoint as they put up a hell of an effort against the Preds. Actually, the Kings dominated the Preds. Once again, the opposition was held to far less goals than the Kings put up, 34-22.

Erik Ersberg was solid in net and make some game-saving stuffs against the Preds. At the other end of the ice, Dan Ellis was busying keeping his own team in the game. This game snaps the 4-game winning streak, but I can't be mad at my boys. They fought until the end where Shea Weber scored an empty-netter putting the game away for good. Michal Handzus scored the lone goal on a deflection from Kyle Quincey. Nothing the Kings did was upsetting to me. They worked hard, got shots on net, out hit the Preds, etc, etc, etc. They just couldn't tie it up and get the win.

The Preds leave with two points and the Kings head into the Honda Center tonight. *cue dramatic music*

3 comments:

KQ949 November 16, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

Agree. Not too much they didn't do last night except throw the kitchen sink. I DID notice that Stoll took ANOTHER early penalty and Sucky had his typical GAFF...nothing new THERE!

Also, I haven't seen the stats but I think we didn't do as well on face-offs last night? At least it felt that way watching.

Couple heart stopping moments - Donut going down and Ersberg super groin stretch! I hope both are OK.

This is the first "Freeway Series" that I will NOT be attending at Honda. Damn economy and eventual loss of job!! :( I HATE listening to Gayward and his "he got away with one there" crap! He SUCKS!!

Brad November 16, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

I went to a bar with some friends to watch the UFC fight, hoping to catch the game on one of the TVs. Unfortunately I was relegated to checking the score on my cell phone.

I was planning on going to the game tonight with a couple of my Ducks fan neighbors, but currently every road out of Chino Hills into Orange county is closed. shit.

Connie November 16, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

Karen - I totally thought of you when Stoll took that early penalty! Haha! Ersberg getting tossed up into the air was definitely a scary moment, but he was wearing enough padding to make it a soft landing. =P

You're right about the faceoffs. The Kings won 43% and the Preds for 57%.

Brad - That definitely sucks that all roads to Orange County are closed. Hopefully the attendance tonight is better than it was last night. First you had to deal with the earth quake, now it's fires!

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP