Is This Really Happening?: Kings 3, Stars 2

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Four wins in a row? I'm still watching the Kings right? According to ESPN, the last time the Kings have had this long of a winning streak was back in October of 2007. A bit lame, but, hey, I'll take it. We're on one now and that's all that matters. This game was much easier won than Tuesday's game where the Stars hung on for the shootout. Everyone has been looking really good... wait, that's a lie. ALMOST everyone has been looking good.

Good: Erik Ersberg, Drew Doughty, Dustin Brown. Doughty lead the team with 27:05 of TOI with the average shift lasting a minute long. Impressed? I think so! I absolutely cannot wait for Jack Johnson to get back to the lineup. I can't imagine what it's going to look like with another huge body back there. Ersberg notched another win on his fourth straight start. I trust and respect Terry Murray's decision not to name the Swede the number one until he's comfortable with his conststancy. I can see exactly his reasoning and won't be terribly disappointed if he waits a long time to make it official.

Not good: Denis Gauthier. I don't mean to make him my goat, but he makes egregious errors and it needs to be pointed out. He only had 11:48 of TOI in the game, which let's me know Terry Murray is seeing what everyone else is seeing.

(Matt Slocum/Getty Images)
Weeeee!!

The Kings won 65% of the faceoffs with Jarret Stoll winning 11 and losing just 4 giving him a 74 percentage!! I am very impressed. I basically have no complaints with this game. The Kings came out and worked hard at the start all the way to the finish. Well, I'll point out that the Kings scored only two (2) times on nine (9) PP opportunities. They're getting there; I'm not complaining. Just pointing it out. They ended with 29 shots on and limited the Stars to 26. I'd have liked the Kings to have at least 32 shots on, but I guess it doesn't really matter since they won. Go Kings!

A little bit of Maple
  • The Toronto Maple Leafs went against the Edmonton Oilers where the former won 5-2. I could write plenty, but I'm a bit tired and wanna go to bed soon.
  • I had my doubts about Nik Antropov. I still do; I really think he could be more of an intimidating player. He's just so large and not so nimble, but a little birdy told me to just watch and wait. I can definitely eat some humble pie tonight because Antropov's goal was pretty freaking sweet. Very cleanly put into the net and got the Leafs up further on the scoreboard.
  • Will Jason Blake need to be a healthy scratch to get it in his head that passing is a good thing? He had two great passes tonight, which lead to two goals. Simple, right? I really don't think it should come to him getting benched for him to realize just exactly what Ron Wilson wants.
  • In looking at the stats sheet, I was very surprised that none of the Leafs forwards had over 20 minutes of TOI. There are usually one or two Kings that get over that mark, but I guess that doesn't have to apply for all teams. This really isn't an astute observation or anything; it's just something I noticed.
  • Congrats to Sam Gagner for getting his first goal of the season!
Bed time!

17 comments:

Bleed Black and Purple November 13, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

HI Connie, This is KBs son. I dont know if you remember me, just wanted to stop by and say hi... I just made my own blog and decided to say hi. Great blog, keep up the great work... hopefully I can get my blog as good as this. GO KINGS GO

Connie November 14, 2008 at 5:38 AM  

Hey! Of course I remember you! Thank you for your nice words. I'll be looking forward to reading your thoughts on our boys.

Brad November 14, 2008 at 7:58 AM  

this game rocketed the kings up in the FO% to 5th overall at 52.9%. I also noticed that both of the Dallas goals were powerplay goals (they should probably work on that a bit more) deflected five-hole (maybe he needs to work on closing that up, but I'll blame it on the new pads).

Brad November 14, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

quick thought, you mentioned that you can't wait for Johnson to get back in the lineup. I am also patiently waiting for that day, but who do you think would be on their way out? Gauthier or everyone's favorite blogger, Tom Preissing?

KQ949 November 14, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

Whaaaattt!!?? My son has a blog and YOU know before I do? Let's see...who takes the kid to the games? Who buys him his Zebra Popcornopolis? Who bought him a brand new Kopi jersey because his other was too small (and Kopi signed his name on his silver #11 with a SILVER sharpie?). Well "Kings Teen", I look forward to reading your blog too! so..."KOPI".

And, you can go ahead and say it Connie...go ahead and call Gauthier "sucky". It really does fit him well.

I also agree about no need to name Ersberg #1. What's in a "title" anyway? As long as he keeps playing you can call him "starter".

Connie November 14, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Brad - I honestly am not sure. Gauthier can take the body, which Tommy P isn't doing because it's not part of his game. Personally, I'd be okay with Gauthier being shifted around.

KQ - That is hilarious! Actually how is the Popcornopolis? I kind of wanna try it but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it.

Well, I've said Gauthier has sucked... you're so much better at the nicknames than me. Haha. By the way, do you think Kopi knows he needs to utilize the under-eye concealer?

KQ949 November 14, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

We love the Popcornopolis. I'm not a big chocolate fan, but I liked the Zebra stuff. Not bad at all!

Also, did you see the one shot on goal that Ersberg did a "soccer header" of the puck out of the crease? Awesome!

And, keeping count on the Jimmy-meter of Jimmy-isms....his "Jarett STOLE that goal from Fro" line last night was a classic Jimmy-ism. I love Jimmy! Bob is getting a bit...should I say...confused. He's a little lost between O'Sullivan and O'Donnell...bless his heart!

Kirsten November 14, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

I LOVE Jarret Stoll, and I'm glad he's doing well for you guys. I'm also glad Sam Gagner finally got a goal.

Connie November 14, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

KQ - Maybe I'll try the Zebra or Caramel tomorrow. Why not?!

Ersberg just rocks, doesn't he? =P Oh, my buddy totally made a comment to me about Jim Fox! But I defended him saying I loved him and thought he was awesome. I love Bob too! He's doing amazingly well for how old he is!

Kirsten - Yay for gag! Those boys looked totally cool in their retro jerseys.

Brad November 14, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

Also, did you see the one shot on goal that Ersberg did a "soccer header" of the puck out of the crease? Awesome!

I just watched the game highlights on Kings Vision to see that save. too cool.

KQ949 November 14, 2008 at 4:42 PM  

Brad...I'm blaming the first goal for Dallas SOLELY on "Sucky"! Because I can...and I will! :)

Kirsten, Stoll is "growing" on me, but I think he takes too many penalties.

Brad November 15, 2008 at 1:47 AM  

"Suckis" as the French (Canadian) would say?

Connie November 15, 2008 at 2:04 AM  

Well at least he's easy on the eyes.... and... yeah, that's all I've got...

Greener November 15, 2008 at 3:44 PM  

Chirp!

Kirsten November 15, 2008 at 3:53 PM  

Yeah, sometimes Stoll does take too many penalties, but at least he can usually manage to make up for that fact.

Connie-Gags is too adorable. Not always eloquent, but whatever. Their old school sweaters are bomb. I want one.

Connie November 15, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

Greener - Long time no see...

Kirsten - How much eloquence can you really expect from a kid?

Kirsten November 16, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

It's true, and he tries hard and doesn't sound like an idiot. Besides, he's Sam Gagner and I'm willing to overlook this fact because he's awesome and the shootout king.

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP