Teddy Purcell Has Enough Teeth to Speak!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Training camp for the Los Angeles Kings began on Sunday, September 14th at the Toyota Sports Center and all the players are back and ready to go. Kings Vision has one-on-one interviews posted of Daryl Evans and Heidi Androl speaking with various players and management. I haven't actually watched any of these tidbits because I still hold the preconceived notion that athletes aren't the most articulate bunch. They mostly say the same things from game to game, such as:

  • We need to communicate better on the ice
  • Our passes weren't the greatest and we know that
  • Coach-y or Coach-ie let us know what we need to focus on and that's what we're going to do
  • That line felt really good ooot there tonight
You asleep yet?

The reason I bring this up is that KingsKoolAid informed me of a particular interview with Teddy Purcell that was worth watching. I was hesitant because of the countless minutes of my life that have been previously spent listening to Sidney Crosby or Roberto Luongo saying the same thing night in and night out. But I watched and was very impressed with Purcell! He actually had legitimate things to say and enunciated his words clearly enough to hold my attention.

You can check out his interview with Daryl Evans here. If Kings Vision doesn't load (as it usually doesn't for me), please inform the Kings because I don't have the time nor patience. Thank you.

Going back to player interviews, there are a few who I will actually listen to regardless of situation. Here are a few off the top of my head in no particular order:
  • Jeremy Roenick (no surprise)
  • Sean Avery (not impressive, just intriguing)
  • Rob Blake
  • Sean O'Donnell
  • Kevin Weekes (strange, but trust me, boy is SMART)
  • Daniel Briere
Who do YOU think is a great interview?

6 comments:

Anonymous September 21, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

*crickets* ;) Where are all the Kings preseason game bits and opinions, etc? I weep!

Connie September 21, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

Ha, I have stuff lined up to write about! No worries; thanks for the push. =P

You going to Frozen Fury?

Matt Reitz September 22, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

But here's the question... are his interviews as entertaining as Oscar Moller's? ;-) Too soon?

Anonymous September 22, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Sadly not, I am a Kings fan up in Canadaland. :) In the Vancouver area. I am coming down to LA for 9 days in October, and shall be going to a game, but not til then... sounds like great fun though!

Connie September 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

CheapSeats - Compared to the two from this training camp, no. But we'll see what this season brings. =)

So much easier to type when I'm not constricted to 140 characters!

Cosbread - Please please please make your way to Vegas one of these years for the game. It will be unforgettable! (depending on how much alcohol you consume)

Unknown May 31, 2013 at 1:14 PM  

I don't know why they don't take care of their tongue. It makes them look bad. I don't like to read that kind of news on the price per head demo newsletter.

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP