Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Training camp for the Los Angeles Kings began on Sunday, September 14th at the Toyota Sports Center and all the players are back and ready to go. Kings Vision has one-on-one interviews posted of Daryl Evans and Heidi Androl speaking with various players and management. I haven't actually watched any of these tidbits because I still hold the preconceived notion that athletes aren't the most articulate bunch. They mostly say the same things from game to game, such as:
- We need to communicate better on the ice
- Our passes weren't the greatest and we know that
- Coach-y or Coach-ie let us know what we need to focus on and that's what we're going to do
- That line felt really good ooot there tonight
The reason I bring this up is that KingsKoolAid informed me of a particular interview with Teddy Purcell that was worth watching. I was hesitant because of the countless minutes of my life that have been previously spent listening to Sidney Crosby or Roberto Luongo saying the same thing night in and night out. But I watched and was very impressed with Purcell! He actually had legitimate things to say and enunciated his words clearly enough to hold my attention.
You can check out his interview with Daryl Evans here. If Kings Vision doesn't load (as it usually doesn't for me), please inform the Kings because I don't have the time nor patience. Thank you.
Going back to player interviews, there are a few who I will actually listen to regardless of situation. Here are a few off the top of my head in no particular order:
- Jeremy Roenick (no surprise)
- Sean Avery (not impressive, just intriguing)
- Rob Blake
- Sean O'Donnell
- Kevin Weekes (strange, but trust me, boy is SMART)
- Daniel Briere