The Nonsense Is Through

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fears abound on Thursday evening were killed about 30 minutes ago by the completion of the Dany Heatley saga. TSN reports that he will be a San Jose Shark along with a 5th round pick and that Jonathan Cheechoo, Milan Michalek, and a 2nd round pick are going back to the Ottawa Senators.

I can fully breathe a sigh of relief at this outcome now that Alexander Frolov and Jarret Stoll are safe (for now). I'm not sure what the rest of the day will hold as training camp starts tomorrow! I'm hoping to be there checking out the potentials for the remaining roster spots.

3 comments:

Anonymous September 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

I wouldn't have minded Stoll going anywhere, but the rest of that deal, not so hot. Glad it went down the way it did.

Brad September 12, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

Stoll is a definite badass on the faceoff. I would have been sad to see him go. Although this doesn't look too good having Heatly playing in the division.

Connie September 14, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

Cosbread - You were cool with the idea of Stoll being shipped off??

Brad - I'm not sure what I think of the Sharks getting Heatley... I'll let you know when the season starts... this could potentially be really bad for the other teams in the division.

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP