Gearing Up For Something Something Something

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Preseason is in full gear and the Kings have released three commercials to highlight the beginning of a possible burst of talent. They're definitely well done, but I'm also done with the "Pride = Passion = Power" motto and have nothing good to replace it with.

Please press play.



It is T minus 4 days until Frozen Fury, and I'm giddy with glee to see the Kings back on the ice for the only preseason game I'll be watching. This is a great opportunity for the young players to understand what it means to play with the big club; the excitement is unbelievable in the bowels of the MGM Grand where the Kings will face off against the Colorado Avalanche. I'm unsure what the lineup will be, but it should definitely be closer to the roster of opening night than of the one tonight at the Sprint Center where the Kings will face the New York Islanders sans John Tavaras. According to Rich Hammond at Inside the Kings, the lineup will start out with:

Lewis-Stoll-Purcell
Frolov-Handzus-Simmonds
Clune-Harrold-Richardson
Ivanans-Cliche-Westgarth

O'Donnell-Doughty
Drewiske-Martinez
Piskula-Hickey

Quick


Let's just say I'm glad I'm going to Frozen Fury and not this game. That fourth line of Raitis Ivanans - Marc-Andre Cliche - Kevin Westgarth looks ROUGH. Wow. Although perhaps the third line will help to energize the fourth line.

Some quick thoughts:

The only forward line that will remain the same after tonight's game is the second one. I know what it looked like last season and am hoping for more offensive output; not too much to ask for. You know, shutdown the other teams' top lines while trying to move the puck into the offensive zone. They're big boys; they can do it.

I'll admit I like the first line; Trevor Lewis stood out for me opening day of training camp. He had the most jump from the group of players who weren't in LA last season. That'll be a quick line off the draw if Jarret Stoll can stay loose enough on the ice. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing this line on the ice at Staples Center, FYI.

Looking forward to Saturday, I will venture a guess that the top line of Ryan Smyth - Anze Kopitar - Justin Williams will be starting the game in Vegas. At least I hope so. I want to see the potential on the ice! I want to see the excitement! I want to hear the crowd! I will be present cheering my heart out.

Lastly, If you're on Twitter, you should follow LAKingsTrainer. This is Joe Caligiuri who is a real person tweeting from this account and NOT a bot giving dry bits of unimportant information. I have yet to find any Kings players with Twitter, so this is the best for now.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP