Kings 4, Predators 1

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Kings are keeping other teams stressed out by preventing them from picking up points. But perhaps the Predators realized that they should put Dan Ellis in net instead of Chris Mason because the Kings don't suck that much, right?...

Well, Kings get the W and 2 points while the Predators remain stagnant with 78 points and in 9th place in the Western Conference.

Kudos:

  • Alexander Frolov with 2 goals (22, 23)
  • Kevin Dallman with his second goal of the season (2)
Update: After the end of the game, this goal was given to Brownie (30) on a deflection, but Dallman gets credited with an assist.
  • Matt Ellis for his first goal for the LA Kings (3)
  • Erik Ersberg gets his second win with 37 saves (2-2-2)
(AP Photo/Frederick Breedon)
Where's the puck? Oh yeah, it's sliding over the goal line. Sweet.

6 comments:

Chris (KingsCast) March 13, 2008 at 11:25 PM  

even though it was just an empty netter. I'm stoked for Ellis, he really earned it.

Connie March 14, 2008 at 6:07 AM  

I saw the highlights on the NHL Network later and I agree with you completely. It seemed as if the Pred that was defending Ellis sort of gave up and let him have the goal.

Did you see Dallman's goal?? That one looked a "hail mary" type of shot! I can't believe that went in!

Bethany March 16, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

I think Mason is the backup now? Maybe not.

Connie March 16, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

You know, that's what I was thinking when I was writing that, because the last time we played them they had Mason in to sort of "build his confidence."

Bethany March 17, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

LOL, oh man the Preds, I can't tell you how happy I am that you beat them. We have only beaten them once last season and this season, it really is unfortunate. Oh well.
I know they were going back and fourth with their goaltenders for a bit. I think whoever is hot, that's who they go for.

Connie March 17, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

It's funny to see what teams you having a winning record against and which teams you just can't beat for the life of you. hrm.

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP