Kings 2, Stars 7

Saturday, March 29, 2008

To: My beloved Kings

So I thought we decided that you were going to stop sucking. The season has been winding down and the games up until now have been good! Decent! We all see what kind of team you can actually be when there's goaltending! It's been promising! But when you decide not to show up, no amount of goaltending can save you.

You came out in the first period and it appeared that it was going to be another good game. The series against the Stars has been a good one. A ton of goals in only a couple of minutes is always cause for good cheer. This game provided no cheer after the first period. The Stars appeared to actually want to make the playoffs, so they showed up in the second while you did not. They were jumping on loose pucks, winning the battles in the corners, and getting shots off. You were just the opposite. How can you expect to score when you only get a measly 3 shots on in the second period? I thought that Nashville game was the last time we were gonna see an "effort" like this.

(Noah Graham/Getty Images)
Even the replacement goalie needed some comfort.


The only good thing I take from this game was that Dallman (3) scored. You couldn't protect my goalie and left him out to dry. Shame on you.
(AP Photo/Gus Ruelas)
Story of the season

With that in mind, I still love you guys, so I'm going to blame this loss on the fact that Staples Center now has Ice Girls.


WHAT THE FUCK

Sincerely,
the girl with a broken heart

14 comments:

elise March 29, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

I am very, very sorry.
About both the loss and the ice girls.

Connie March 29, 2008 at 7:05 PM  

I'M SO ASHAMED!!!!

They had to have started today because they definitely were NOT there on Thursday. But, thank you for the condolences. I appreciate it very much.

KingsCast Hockey Podcast March 29, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

I am failing to see why Ice Girls are a bad thing...

Chris (KingsCast) March 30, 2008 at 12:29 AM  

The game, awful. Ice girls, I'm sorry, that was much needed for fans. We couldn't be the only team in the league with little kids forever.

Gann Matsuda March 30, 2008 at 4:59 AM  

The ice girls didn't make their debut in this game. I remember seeing them once before, earlier in the season.

Shameless plug time...these guys were totally gassed in this game. You can read about it in my game story over on my blog or on kingshockey.com. Audio clips of interviews with Crawford, Taylor and Riberio also available on the blog.

Kirsten March 30, 2008 at 12:59 PM  

Ewww, Ice Girls. That may affect my decision to come and see them play, but I'm very sorry for you guys that have no choice.

Connie March 30, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

KingsCast - I think only a few teams in the league actually have Ice Girls.

Gann - Sound good. I'll check them out.

Kirsten - Please don't let them deter you from visiting!! Staples is still awesome!

KingsCast Hockey Podcast March 30, 2008 at 1:58 PM  

that doesn't change the fact that it's actually a good thing. It's about marketing and pleasing fans. I was at the Florida Panthers game last night and they had dancers. The effect was fantastic. Yes, they were hot but they also got the fans involved.

Gann Matsuda March 30, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

kingscast just likes them because he thought they were hot. :-)

ScottJaredZimmerman March 31, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Someone needs to shovel the snow from the crease.

-Nemmy

Kirsten March 31, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

I'm sure it won't actually deter me from visiting, I'm hardly ever that shallow.

Connie March 31, 2008 at 6:45 PM  

Tell me Nemmy, do you notice your Ice Girls?

Kirsten - Sweet! Cuz it's pretty aaawesome here!

ScottJaredZimmerman April 1, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

I do notice them. The Islander ice girls do a good job with promotions and clearing the crease. Most are accomplished skaters and could maybe earn a 3rd round winger position with the club.

-Nemmy

Connie April 1, 2008 at 5:22 PM  

Most are accomplished skaters and could maybe earn a 3rd round winger position with the club.

That's ...sad. haha =/

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP