Season’s Greetings

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Today is the start of the games in North America for the season. I feel that I will be pretty busy this season since I have my newly minted season tickets, Center Ice queued up, and a new team to follow. This does not mean I will have two teams that I will be following equally; rather, I’ll have a small percentage of my attention focused elsewhere at times. I may do a small blurb here or there concerning this new team if I feel the need arises. What’s the team you ask? Well, a good friend has suggested I start following Canada’s team, a.k.a. his team, the Toronto Maple Leafs. You’re all probably wondering why I’d choose the Leafs as my secondary team out of the 28 other teams available throughout the league since I could easily choose one that will definitely make it to the playoffs. Before you think that that last statement was a knock on my pal; it was, but it was also a knock on myself as well. With both of our teams flirting with the basement (according to every single analyst), I fear that my writing could slowly (or quickly) veer toward the cynical musings of any severely jaded fan. So are you still asking me why the Leafs?

Well, I have my reasonings with a big one being: why the hell not? Don’t worry, this space will remain ever and always devoted first and foremost to my Kings, that sad and sorry lot. This team is what keeps the blood pumping through the life veins of this site. Without them I’d just be another lost soul.

In any case, the first game that I will be watching will start today 4PM PDT on Versus where the Leafs face off against the Detroit Red Wings. There will actually be plenty of players that I will be watching once the Stanley Cup presentation concludes; most notably being Luke Schenn, Vesa Toskala, and... the entire Detroit roster.

For more info on the Versus coverage, you can check it out here and here is their game schedule. The Kings drop the puck on Saturday the 11th at 7PM PDT, so I will be diligently waiting in front of my TV the entire day. If you need to get a hold of me that day, just text. If you don’t have my number, you are SOL.


Also, here is the short clip that the Kings released of the Frozen Fury. I am nowhere in the video, but that doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the clip!

7 comments:

Greener October 10, 2008 at 1:48 AM  

Well, obviously this is the best post you've ever written.

Connie October 10, 2008 at 5:58 AM  

Obviously!

Brad October 10, 2008 at 9:16 AM  

I was happy to see that Cammalleri and the flames were shut out so horribly. It's also interesting to note that nearly 40% of people think he'll be a 30+ goal scorer this year (poll at the bottom of the page):
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=385462

...is it Sunday yet?

Connie October 10, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

It was definitely weird seeing Cammy in a Flames ensemble last night. I didn’t realize it until then, but the Flames socks are straight up ugly. Anyway, I’m not sure where he’s going to be in terms of goals for the season, but I’m not confident that the Flames are going to make the playoffs anyway.

Brad October 10, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

the Flames socks are straight up ugly

like Tampa Bay and the 2008 all star and the socks everybody wears at practice. Vertical stripes do not belong on the socks. Maybe they're too slimming?

Kirsten October 10, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

That's like me and my Oilers love. Though sometimes I worry that I like the Oilers more than I like the Wild.

Connie October 10, 2008 at 11:30 AM  

Brad - I don’t think I’m opposed to vertical stripes. It’s more that the Flames odd design is not appealing to the eye. I definitely like the Kings practice socks.

Brownie's socks


Kirsten - Well you can’t help what you’re really feeling. I mean, you didn’t have the Wild in existence since before you were born; you had the Stars first so it’s understandable.

I’m pretty sure that I couldn’t love another team more than the Kings.

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP