Interview Notes

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

On Monday, September 8th, Gann Matsuda of Frozen Royalty published an article with this view on what Dean Lombardi and Co. have been up to lately. He included quotes from various Kings fans with yours truly included. Just as a forewarning to the readers: My quotes are outdated since I participated in this interview in early July. So it's been two months since the interview, which has given me some time to think and reflect upon how I feel about what direction the Kings organization is continually moving toward. The tone of my quotes in the article appear critical, which is due to the fact that I gave them shortly after Lubomir Visnovsky was traded to Edmonton and Rob Blake signed in San Jose. So it's understandable why the tone of what I said seems a bit angry and annoyed.

My thinking now? I think Lombardi is on the perfect track; he has his plan set in place and it is looking great. The only downfall is that we won't be able to sign all of these great players that we have amassed since Lombardi's taken over the reigns. It will be very interesting to see which players he moves and for what in the next couple of years.

I wanted to post up the whole interview that I did for Frozen Royalty here, but my answers are so outdated that I may update my responses and do a sort of "two months later" spread.

3 comments:

Gann Matsuda September 9, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

Connie...I'm sorry it took two months to finally publish this story. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get time with Dean Lombardi until this past Saturday. And as you can see, the story would've just pitted groups of fans against each other without his comments.

I hope the delay in publishing didn't misrepresent your current views too badly.

Connie September 9, 2008 at 10:47 PM  

Don't worry about it Gann. I think you did a great job on the post. I'm glad you were able to talk to Lombardi though. He seemed so passionate at the Breakfast!

Gann Matsuda September 10, 2008 at 2:36 AM  

Connie: Lombardi doesn't SEEM passionate about his job. He IS passionate about it. It really came through when I sat down with him in his office, one-on-one, and I'm convinced that he wasn't feedlng me a load of crap. You can usually tell when someone's doing that and this guy wears his heart on his sleeve.

FYI: the second installment of my series with Lombardi (and fans) is available. I didn't quote you this time. :-)

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP