Kings World Podcast - Ep 1.11: Starting Up With The Preseason

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Marie and I decide to try something a bit different this week; we actually met up in person to record an episode! The evening flows a bit more freely as we update the listeners on the past week while spending the majority of the time discussing the first preseason game at the Staples Center against the Phoenix Coyotes. We reveal who we have our eye on from those who will end up on the roster. You can venture a guess, but listening may be your best bet.

Please check us out at our respective blogs and at: http://kingsworldpodcast.podbean.com/

We welcome any and all feedback! Please direct any questions, comments, or thoughts to kingsworldpodcast[at]gmail[dot]com.

8 comments:

Brad September 24, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

Best line... " 'Oh no, it's on me. What do you want?' ...Rum?". And do you see what I mean about Labarbara? Come on, now.

Connie September 24, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

The flight attendant was definitely good times.

I really don’t think you should hate on Barbs so much. He played decently last year behind a crappy defense and suffered through two injuries. Monday was the first game he’s played since recovering from surgery, and it’s only the preseason. You should give him at least a month or so.

Greener September 24, 2008 at 11:37 AM  

Great show you two. Your re-cap made me feel like I was there. And by there, I mean the El Segundo Starbucks.

Seriously though, great chemistry.

Brad September 24, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

It's more of a dislike than a hatred, really. I'll definitely be watching to see how he performs as he's more recovered. Considering how all the other goaltenders performed in the preseason/rookie games so far, I'd be curious to see if he is given the starting spot outright.

Connie September 24, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

Greener - As always, thank you for listening and leaving comments.

Brad - I’m pretty sure, as of right now, that’s Barbs' spot to lose.

Brad September 24, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

I enjoy how you only thank greener for his devotion and comments, which makes me feel like a complete and total asshole. In the future I will try not to bash on Labarbara so much.

sincerest apologies,

Brad

Connie September 24, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

Please don't think of that way, Brad! I completely appreciate every single comment you leave. You spark good discussions that are relevant with this team that we both care a lot about. No need to apologize!

Brad September 24, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

Well alright then. Free Ontario Reign tickets for all! And from my ticket rep: "5-7 players will come directly from the Kings rookie camp that is about to wrap up."

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP