Thanks, NHL Media

Thursday, April 23, 2009

So the NHL media dudes voted and Drew Doughty was not included in the Rookie Of The Year balloting. The three who were chosen were Steve Mason of the Columbus Blue Jackets, Bobby Ryan of the Anaheim Ducks, and Kris Versteeg of the Chicago Blackhawks. Now I'm not insanely annoyed at this travesty, but I am curious to know where he ranked overall. I'm sure Doughty would have been recognized had he been playing in a big hockey market in the West or just in the East or, at least, been talked about more. It is disappointing that he didn't get national recognition but we Kings fans know just how awesome he is. When you're a difference maker on a game-to-game basis, knowing that you're gonna be around for many years to come is all I really need.

Thanks Donuts!

5 comments:

Justin April 23, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Keep an eye on Mirtle's blog, probably after the playoffs are over. I'm sure he'll post the total standings for the awards that are voted on. At least, he did last year.

Connie April 23, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

Good call, thanks!

Brad April 23, 2009 at 11:41 PM  

Go Doughty. I'm going to be upset if he's not at least #4 on that list.

Gann Matsuda April 29, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

For the record, I voted for Doughty, although he was not my first choice. That went to Mason. I did not vote for Ryan.

Matt Reitz June 24, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

I figure that you've already seen this, but Doughty actually came in 5th in the Calder voting. Versteeg BARELY beat out Rinne (NSH) for the 3rd Finalist spot... there was a huge drop off between Rinee in 4th and Doughty in 5th though....

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP