C'mon Really?: Ducks 3, Kings 1

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This Freeway Faceoff BS has got to go. I'm sick of the Ducks. Period. It seems like every game starts out and the Kings are playing at the same level as the Ducks, but as the game nears its ending, the Kings just can't finish it out. The Ducks score the go-ahead goal halfway through the third period and the Kings spend the rest of the game trying to generate the necessary offense. But the unfortunate thing is that the offense has been struggling as of late; so where's the scoring gonna come from?

Good question.

I have no idea. Dustin Brown has stalled a bit; Anze Kopitar is a little dry in that department. Alexander Frolov is the Kings leading scorer and he's on the checking line! What do they have to do here? Once again, I have no idea. The only area the Kings really dominated was in the faceoff circle going 59%. Kopi did well by winning 13 of 19. But the more important stat of SHOTS ON is not happening. Only 18? I'm not sure what else to say; the game was a bit on the boring side with lots of free-flowing movement and without too many whistles.

This was Erik Ersberg's first game back in net after recovering from a slight groin injury. He looked like his old self, which is exactly what I was hoping for. He was setting himself solidly in front of pucks and moving well in the paint. At the same time, there were some rebounds that were getting away from him, but all-in-all, not too bad. The two goals against him were both on the PP and the defenders were looking a bit off around Ersberg. Since all three goals up to the game's end were on the PP, I was hoping the penalty that Brad Festerling took near the end of the game would help get the Kings energy levels back to normal and maybe they'd be able to tie the game up. Alas, the Ducks penalty killers were looking good and the Kings were going no where except back to their zone to retrieve the puck.

As a whole, I am unimpressed with this showing by the Kings and I hope Thursday's game where the Ducks are the visiting team proves to be better. Perhaps two points to help move the Kings up the standings, maybe?

7 comments:

Bleed Black and Purple January 6, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

All i have to say is....DOUGHTY!!!

His 2 penalties lead to both there goals...stupid Delay of Game penalty, and GOAT CHEESE couldnt push Paulsson out of the way so he got the tip..but whatever.


And before the game we went to hooters and some dude was arguing with me...pretty funny

Connie January 6, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

Doughty's delay of game penalty was unreal. When was the last time you saw a shot like that rise all the way into the netting??

What could someone possibly argue with you about at Hooters.

Charity January 7, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

This Freeway Faceoff BS has got to go. I'm sick of the Ducks. Period.

While I despise the repulsive moniker (I mean, seriously? Do we have to be reminded any more about the traffic chaos we have to drive in every single day???), I just thought to say *I'm* not sick of the Ducks. :] But I just wanted to rub in the win, just a little tiny bit.... =D

You know I heart you still Connie. :)

Bleed Black and Purple January 7, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

ha I know, he was a ducks fan and every few minutes he would yell,"Lets Go Ducks!!" and it was gettin annoying..so he looked over at my table and started sayin stuff, so i told his friend that he probably didnt know anything about hockey...then he said,"Ok you'll be the one crying yourself to sleep tonight." and so on like that

Brad January 7, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

I blame Gauthier. Why not? honestly. As a Defenseman, when a guy was hanging around the net I was on him like white on rice. Where was Gauthier on Pahlsson's goal? Outside of his personal space. That's where.

Also, I was at the Ontario Reign game tonight, some chump sees my friend in his POS jersey and comments that the Ducks are going to beat the Kings. No shit, they probably will. But Ryan Getzlaf still looks like a penis.




Now what?

Connie January 8, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

Finny - Maybe the Kings will win tonight...

KT - Ridiculous, what does that tell you when I grown man tries to trash talk a kid? That just shows you the character of that guy.

Brad - Gauts has been repeatedly out of position with goals that have gotten past the goaltender. It kills me every time. I hate Getzlaf too.

Charity January 8, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

if they win, feel free to rub it in a wee bit. :) enjoy the game!

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP