Birthday Hockey Cards!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

So for my birthday, my good friend, Marie, got me a box of hockey cards with two storage cases. I didn't realize that had I made it easy for her when I told her my interest in cards. =P But, I'm writing this post because I realized that I really didn't know the protocol of hockey cards. Here I was with this unopened box wondering what to do. I couldn't wait; I HAD to dive right in. So before I went to bed, I tore through about half the packs and wanted to share with the readers of what I've found so far in this treasure trove from the 1990-1991 season.


So here is what the outside of the box looks like.



Here are the empty packs strewn about my desk.

Yes, that's me being anal and cutting open each pack with scissors


I got a Gretzky card to match the outside of the box!



Here are some of the goodies I've found so far

Mats Sundin looks like he could have played Rolfe in the The Sound of Music

That seriously looks like a watercolor of him and not a photo


Steve Yzerman!

Stay tuned for more choice cards from when I finish going through the box!

6 comments:

Marie June 9, 2008 at 7:25 AM  

Haha, I cut my packs across the top with scissors too! Can't risk bending any corners. Definitely let me know which cards you get in the box and maybe we'll be able to trade.

After buying a box of cards from the '05-'06 season, I could not believe how low tech the cards and packing from the '90-'91 season are in comparison. I always thought they were so cool back then!

Connie June 9, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

...I thought the packaging was cool... maybe I need to get another box!!

I got a lot of randoms, but some of the randoms came with sweet mullets! I only have 3 packs left... sad.

Kirsten June 9, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

Mats Sundin has HAIR! He still looks creepy.

I love hockey cards. They make me so happy.

RK55 June 9, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

lol... i used to spend all my lunch money for that brand. i think i still have all my hockey cards somewhere.

Connie June 12, 2008 at 6:25 AM  

Kirsten - I'm out of the cards Marie got me. I'm going into withdrawals. Odd how that happens.

RKim - I need to look at your cards! Haha!

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) June 14, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

mats sundin does not look creepy. he looks beautiful.

  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP